An all inclusive Irwin Insights Vacation.
Introduction to Horse Sense for Humans
A 4-day Personal Development Skills Certificate Course with Chris Irwin and his team of Master Certified Trainers at Willow Ranch.
Sigmund Freud, the father of modern psychology, said that the connection between our conscious and unconscious minds is like the relationship between a horse and rider.
With Chris Irwin’s revolutionary insights into the mind and behavior of horses we have a new paradigm for the personal training and psychological development of our own inner horses. As Oscar Wilde said, “Far back in the recess of our minds, a dark horse prances.”
Approximately ½ of each course day consists of private and small group coaching with Chris and his team of Master Certified Trainers in the practical skills with horses. The remainder of each day is dedicated to private and small group discussions that delve deeply into how the insights with horses transfer into a new awareness for our own behavior and how we respond to challenges in life as we lead ourselves forward into the unknown.
A credit/Skill Certificate is achieved upon the completion of the Internal Compass Course. It is also possible that additional credits/skill certificates for groundwork and riding can be achieved during the time dedicated to training with the horses.
• Daily classroom theory/Q&A
• Frame of Body = Frame of Mind. Discover new insights into the somatic connection between the body, mind, and behavior of horses.
• Discover new insights into the cause & effect of your body language
• Understand the counter-intuitive psychology of horses
• Learn to read the most nuanced body language of horses
• Enhance essential handling and groundwork skills with horses
• Enhanced Awareness of Self, relationships & environment
• Developing Focus for personal accountability
• Developing Confidence as the calm within the storm
• Redefining the Essence of Boundaries
• Enhanced Awareness for Balance in body, mind, and spirit
• Redefining past experiences to increase presence in the moment
• Redefining how to develop Confidence and Courage
• Transmuting Blame and Anger into Acceptance and Forgiveness
• Transforming uncertainty and chaos into creativity and opportunity
• Networking and discussions with high integrity colleagues
• Enjoy the option of magnificent trail rides into the Canadian Rockies!
Due to COVID-19 we will not have courses in 2021, but stay tuned for 2022 dates
All the Irwin Insights courses are All inclusive, this means that we completely take care of you! You do not have to worry about anything, and can completely focus on processing all the information you receive during the course.
While staying in one of our cozy and state-of-the-art cabins the Willow Ranch team will take care of all your meals, snack and drinks.
At Willow Ranch we love to take care of people, so we will make sure that we will do everything we can to provide you with everything you need.
Do you want to relax a bit after a day of learning, and want to see the beautiful nature around the ranch? Our guides love to take you on a short ride at the end of the course day. Do you want to wake up watching the horses while enjoying delicious Italian espresso? The Willow Ranch team will make sure you get that. Are you worried how to get to the ranch from Edmonton Airport? Our shuttle will take care of that! Wondering what to do in your down time? Use of our gym, library and "ranchgames" are also included.
We believe that offering all inclusive, really means all inclusive!
The use of our horses for the course is also included, but if you prefer to bring your own horse(s). We have a horse hotel where your horse can stay in during the course. And of course this is also included in the course.
Its important to us that everyone can enjoy a holiday at Willow Ranch exactly how they like it.
Thats is why we like to offer some different options of how you can join us for the course besides our all inclusive option.
ALL INCLUSIVE COURSE WITHOUT CABIN STAY
Join for the course and the meals, but stay somewhere else. A great option for guest that are traveling with their own camper or RV (we have some spots on the ranch where you can park your RV).
Join in for the full course but take care of your own meals. A great option for guest that live in the area.